KILOO Data Engineer
KILOO IS LOOKING FOR A DATA ENGINEER
Do you love working with systems and infrastructures to store and handle large amounts of data? Do you want to play a key role in enabling Kiloo to make better decisions? Then you might be what we are looking for!
Kiloo is a leading mobile game developer founded in 2000. Our ambition is to create cool, colorful and catchy games that are as fun to play as they are to make. The people who create our games are the key to our success, and we are always on the lookout for passionate and talented individuals to join our family.
Kiloo consists of dedicated people with many different backgrounds, nationalities and cultures. We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Aarhus.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join us at our headquarters in Aarhus. Your primary role will be to work in close cooperation with our Analytics team, in order to understand and agree on what data they need, to do their best work. You will be responsible for maintaining the data infrastructure for Analytics team and you will be reporting to the Lead Analyst. The various tasks include writing queries and scripts, transforming and cleansing data as well as setting up automated processes. For some ad hoc requests, you may need to build smaller and quick data solutions. As and when we develop new data pipelines, you may need to expand the capabilities of the existing infrastructure further, by building new data warehouses taking inspiration from the existing ones or you may go ahead and build an entirely fresh new solution – you will have the reins!
- You have a good understanding of data warehousing concepts, cloud technologies such as AWS, data modelling and BI reporting.
- You have strong SQL skills and can write clean, performance optimized queries on top of cloud-based data warehouses.
- You have relevant experience building efficient ETL workflows, can navigate through complex workflows and can make enhancements or code fixes, if needed.
- You are intuitive enough to foresee the impact of growing data volumes and can come up with methods to optimize existing queries or workflows when needed.
- You have development and administration experiences with BigData, ETL and Business Intelligence software like Redshift, Alteryx, Tableau etc.
- You are enthusiastic about combing through large volumes of data and can independently work towards achieving a data solution.
- You are able to understand people’s requirements and are able to translate them to technical solutions.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
YOUR PERSONAL COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- You are a team player, but you also enjoy working independently.
- You are excellent at prioritizing your tasks and you are very structured.
- You are proactive, dedicated and have a very good eye for detail.
- You keep up to date with new technologies and methods within your field
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A chance to be the key go-to person for all data perspectives relating to reporting and analytics. If you are looking for an opportunity to empower people to make data-driven decisions this role is for you!