Lead 2D Artist
Do you love creating stylized, colorful, and cartoony game art? Are you passionate about creating new worlds, characters and concepts? Do you enjoy working on casual mobile games? Then you might be who we are looking for!
Kiloo is a leading mobile game developer established in 2000. Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and our ambition is still to create cool, colorful, and catchy games that are as much fun to play as they are to make.
Kiloo consists of dedicated people with many different backgrounds, nationalities, and cultures. We are looking for a Lead 2D Artist for our headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark.
We are currently working on new and exciting stories, characters, and universes for a series of match-3 puzzle games. We want you to be part of creating the best experience for our players.
As a Lead 2D Game Artist at Kiloo, you will be shaping the visual direction for casual mobile game concepts and prototypes. Knowing which visual styles are popular in the mobile F2P space is key, and so is the ability to take visuals in the right direction for the best chances of commercial success.
You will identify and create excellent 2D visuals, concepts, and polished digital paintings, and equally important, guide a team of 5 other artists in creating mood boards, sketches, concept art, illustrations, and game-ready 2D assets.
You will use your experience in creating 2D art in stylized/cartoonish, and colorful styles and your understanding of anatomy, color, silhouette, and shape language to assist in establishing the visual key for characters, stories, game universes, and the overall art style.
In essence, we are looking for a highly creative visual thinker and skilled artist who can inspire, give constructive feedback, and improve the skills of your artist colleagues. You can both define and follow a visual style, and you can quickly communicate your ideas visually as well as in speech and writing. You follow development closely as concepts and prototypes pass user testing and take the next step into production.
We are currently working primarily on casual match-3 puzzle games with female gamers as our main target audience.
- You have experience in giving constructive feedback to other artists in order to improve the visuals at any stage
- Experience with free-to-play and/or casual puzzle games and different stylized art styles is a huge plus
- You have experience in different game development cycles from concepting & prototyping to production and live ops
- You understand that KPIs, input from users, market trends, research and data from various tests have direct impact on the decisions made in the projects you’re working on
- Experience with managing external partners for outsourcing art is a plus
- You are able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and and in writing
Your personal competencies include:
- You love casual mobile games!
- You are able to give immediate, consistent, strong, and clear input and guidance for concept art
- You are attentive to detail and deliver the best quality possible, while also being pragmatic with the level of polish at the earlier stages of art creation
- You enjoy collaborating with colleagues of other professions to achieve the best results
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A new position with great opportunity to grow and influence your career development
- An international and unique organizational culture
- A chance to work with experienced and passionate colleagues
- An awesome environment and lots of social activities
- Read more about what it is like to work for Kiloo here
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
Now that you are interested in this position, hurry up and send your CV and a cover letter, in English, using the form. There may be a delay in reviewing applications, due to summer holidays. You may first hear back from us in August.
We look forward to hearing from you!